Tuesday, May 27, 2008

Peanut update

Okay, so I did my own little accidental test on my peanut "allergy" this weekend, to find that I am not allergic to peanuts! I completely forgot that I am not supposed to be eating peanuts, and I started snacking on some peanuts (fresh out of the shell), I had 3 or 4 and then realized.....oops, I'm not supposed to be eating these! But absolutely no reaction. Then I got braver that afternoon and had ice cream with peanut butter cups in it, and still no reaction. So I think I am in the clear, and that the reason I had an allergic reaction after I ate the apples and peanut butter before is that the apples had some pesticide residue on them, and gave me that reaction. I have yet to eat peanut butter, but I really am not worried. In any case, I can breathe a little easier now!

2 comments:

Dana said...

that's a total PRAISE GOD!!!! i am super stoked for you my friend!

Misty and Matt said...

That's crazy and great! Love the pun to end the blog :) I didn't realize that pesticide residue could cause that?!