Tuesday, March 22, 2011

Refreshed!

So I got the privilege of spending a very stormy and wet weekend in the Coastal California Redwoods at Mt. Gilead's Women's Retreat with my mom for the second year in a row. It is such a blessing in my life, as I have shared before. The place where I grew up in my faith and met my husband. Gilead is the place where I am convinced that Jesus lives :) . So, I will try to go every year that God allows! This year was all about healing fractured relationships, accepting grace and believing the truth that God loves me just the way I am. The two things that were pounded into my brain were: "Jesus knows me, this I love", and to "get out of my own way", so that Christ can use me! I cannot do this life successfully without him. Some great reminders for me. I also was extremely encouraged by listening to women share their struggles and faith journey's. I got to reconnect with some old friends also! Mom and I had a wonderful time together too :) I feel refreshed, focused and incredibly grateful for my life and circumstances. God. Is. Good.

After a crazy storm on Sunday evening, somehow, these logs were picked up
and thrown up into the power lines!

More crazy storm aftermath....a tree branch pierced the dining hall awning!

Ruth Burch, Terah Lites and I, all former Mt. Gilead staffers.


Mom and I :)

1 comment:

Chris and Sarah said...

Ok, so CRAZY storm pics! Looks like you had a great time! I used to work at Camp Tadmor in Lebanon, OR, and that place is also where Jesus lives. : ) I worked there for a few years and developed lifelong friendships with a couple of BFFs.... so important!