Monday, February 15, 2010

Valentines Day

So I got crafty this Valentines Day although I can't take full credit for the idea. I fondly remember my mom making 4 little mailboxes one year out of half gallon milk cartons for us kids, so we could give each other "mail" and then my mom used them to write us little notes and give us treats now and then. We loved it! So since I didn't have the milk cartons, I went to Joann's to find something that I could make work, and they had these cute little mailboxes! So I just painted them, and found a little wooden applique of a heart and crown, for a reminder to the girls that their hearts belong to the King! I am hoping they get good use before Ella destroys them...but, hey...I had to try! I already caught Ella trying to break the door off her mailbox! She is like her daddy in that she wants to take things apart. It will also be a good reminder for me to make sure I love on my girls on a regular basis throughout the year, and not just on the hallmark holiday!! :)

1 comment:

Dana said...

can you get any more creative? those are so awesome! i want to steal your idea =) as i am not so creative.