Monday, February 8, 2010

The slumber party

Yes, I did. I hosted 4 giddy 6 and 7 year olds plus an extra giddy birthday girl for a slumber party at our home on Friday night, the 5th. It was a crazy day, and am amazed it worked out as well as it did. The day started with Chris is extreme pain, as he went into the doctors office to find he had strep throat/swollen tonsils and a peritonsilar abcess to boot. He was barely able to talk/drink/breathe. So I dumped the boys I watch off with their grandma, and we were off to the er, which is where Kasier sent us, but come to find out, they sent us there, only because they could not get a hold of the ENT doc who would lance the abcess in Chris' mouth so he could breathe! So thank goodness while were waiting in the er, a good friend had her husband come pick up my kiddos so that I could be with Chris during all this madness. So the er nurse poked Chris' arm too many times, and gave him an iv and some drugs/fluids. Then they finally got a hold of the ENT doc, made an appointment, and we were on our way to place # 3. About an hour later, Chris was relieved, and we were on our way home, where a slumber party was about to commence. I had all sorts of things I had planned to do for the slumber party...but obviously, the day was spent elsewhere...so went to the store, bought some cupcakes, and made do! Annabelle still had a fabulous time with her friends, eating store-bought cupcakes, watching a barbie movie, dancing to barbie movie, eating popcorn/drinking soda, playing sorry, and then waking up to a pancake/egg/OJ breakfast (at 6:30 am!). It was a good time had by all. And then I took a nap.










No comments: