Monday, October 19, 2009

I did it!

I, Amber Curry 3 days after my 33rd birthday, ran my first half marathon (13.1 miles) in 2 hours and 30 minutes along the Vancouver waterfront and around Fort Vancouver. I have been training for the Vancouver "girlfriends" half marathon since May. I have thoroughly enjoyed this experience. I am much grateful for my family's support and patience as I spent many hours each week out on runs. Training for this gave me the motivation to push and challenge myself physically, doing something I really enjoy...plus a great release of endorphins! Such a sense of accomplishment! Looking forward to next year :-)


Crossing the finish line!


My "I did it" pose....

A pic with my girlies and the sign they made that you can't see! It said "Good Race Mom!)

3 comments:

six of us said...

Great job, Amber! What a great way to celebrate your birthday!!! Stayin' young!!!:)

Sid said...

Way to go Amber! Thanks for sharing some pictures and I love to see your accompishments! You are a good example to us all!

Misty and Matt said...

How exciting!! Wish you lived closer and we could run together! I'm so proud of you- good job for all your hard work and dedication!