Friday, October 2, 2009

Bookworm

Well, Annabelle has been in Kindergarten for 3 full weeks now, and I must say I am impressed with Walnut Grove school, and her teachers....and of course my Annabelle! The school has wonderful curriculum, and is very organized and on top of things. The first week into school, they tested Annabelle's reading level and discovered that she is reading at a 2nd grade level! We couldn't be more proud of our bookworm. She continues to wow her parents and her teachers. She gets to do some things in Kindergarten, but spends most of the time reading with the first grade classroom, as Walnut Grove focuses mostly on their reading programs. She is feeling quite special, which I am thankful for. I love how proactive these teachers are! They see the special abilities in my little girl, and it just confirms our decision to put her in this school was the right one! Looking forward to Parent Teacher Conferences to find out more! :-)

4 comments:

Chris and Sarah said...

Walnut Grove is where the Ingalls family lived on the prairie! I like her school already. :)

Dana said...

second grade reading level??!!! AMAZING!!!

j.yue said...

awesome! how fun for her!!!!

six of us said...

Wow, that is so exciting!! What a great gift to have such a resource in a local school. I love it!! I'm so proud of Annabelle, though I have to say I'm not surprised...she has always been motivated to leap ahead! :)