Thursday, August 20, 2009

Sewing project!

So, I almost forgot to blog about my sewing project I accomplished at the beginning of the summer....two little summer dresses for my girls. I re-learned earlier this year how to thread my ancient sewing machine, and to my amazement when I pulled it out to sew these dresses...I was able to thread it correctly, so about 3 hours later (with good friends and coffee), I was finished with my project, without even using a pattern. Patterns kinda stress me out, I'd rather do something where you measure your child, pin and sew. I'm pretty proud of myself for sewing something for my children... something I vowed I'd never do, especially growing up with a seamstress for a mother, who would continually tell me "I could make that for a lot less", every time I wanted her to buy me clothing! So I guess we do eventually become just like your mothers....which really, I am okay with:-) Next on list....drapes for living room!



4 comments:

Dana said...

i didn't know you sew! that is SO cool and the dresses are adorable =)

Chris and Sarah said...

That was a fun day! When are we doing it again?!?

Misty and Matt said...

You are so talented...first painting your house, now sewing! Wow, impressive:)

six of us said...

Great job, Amber!! The dresses are adorable...it will be fun to save them and give them to the girls when they are older. My Mom made me some dresses, too, and though I haven't "yet" caught the sewing bug, I have enjoyed dressing my girls in my old dresses. :)