Saturday, January 17, 2009

Lovin' the Y!

So for Christmas, we were given a years membership to the YMCA. I knew about the Y from friends who go there, but never really understood how cool it is. I have been so very thankful for the gift that keeps on giving. It is wonderful because it is so family friendly. It is not just a gym for Chris and I to go work out. Their mission statement is based on Christian principles and family values, and they have childcare for free, up to 2 hours. They have a great swimming pool, and a large gym, and lots of classes for adults and kids. And they even have "parent appreciation" nights twice a month, where they watch all your children for 3 hours for only $5. I feel like I have been a nicer mommy and better wife over the last few weeks. Regular exercise, social interaction for the girls and some alone time for Chris and I. It has been the outlet we all needed.

3 comments:

Debbie said...

Sounds like fun!

six of us said...

Wow, awesome!! Wish we had one, too. :)

Dana said...

Your Y sounds amazing. I am excited for you to have that outlet- every mother needs one to stay healthy (and i don't just mean physically =)