Tuesday, July 29, 2008

Tag, You're It!

Inspired by Candace's blog entry, here are 7 songs that have shaped my summer....are you up to the challenge? Blog as many as you can, it's fun to see what others are listening to.

1. "Umbrella" by Marie Digby: this has become our little Ella's song, since her name is repeated over and over in the song. So we like to put it on and groove with Ella.
2. "Sweet Escape" by Gwen Stefani: so I really enjoy Gwen Stefani, and I love listening to this song of hers. Not to mention the fact that I have been craving a sweet escape of my own.
3. "Please Come Home" by Dustin Kensrue: this song is a song about the prodigal son from the father's perspective, and I love this music and lyrics, and it is one of my all time favorite bible stories.
4. "Made To Love" by Toby Mac: this has been on my running list for 4-5 months now, and I never get tired of it, this song has a great beat and is an incredible reminder that I was created for Christ.
5. "Everyday" by Lincoln Brewster: we have developed a habit now of listening to this song on the way to church on Sundays. The girls chant "everyday song" until I put it on. Definately snaps us out of sleepy mode and prepares us for a morning of worship.
6. "You're Beautiful" by Phil Wickham: we were introduced to this song in our worship service at Compass, and it is so worshipful for me. I love the combination of the melody and lyrics, it truly stands up to it's title as a beautiful song.
7. "Lord Prepare Me" by many artists: do you remember this old chorus? The words have stuck with me since my college days, and I now sing it as a prayer for Annabelle and Ella before bed each night.

No comments: