Thursday, July 31, 2008

Ella's cup of Joe


So I am glad that milk doesn't come with caffeine, because my 2 yr. old would be an addict. So like her mama, Ella does not wake up cheerful, and is a bit groggy/grumpy until she downs a cup of milk (in 10 seconds flat). It made me laugh this morning because I asked her what she wanted for breakfast as I was getting her milk ready, and she just started crying and saying no, no, no! So I calmed her and said that we would just talk about it after she had her cup of milk. So sure enough, 10 seconds later, she was cheerful, and singing along with sesame street, and told me exactly what she wanted for breakfast with a smile on her face. I've learned my lesson to not talk with Ella before she has had her cup of joe! Oh how I love these little personalties that are developing:-)

2 comments:

six of us said...

I love that you admit to waking up anything but cheerful...um, that would be me! My kids know to steer clear of me before I get my shower in...oh well! At least we know what gets us going! Oh, and Anna downs her milk just like Ella...fast! She's always out of breath afterwards. :)

MillerFam5 said...

I wish I could get my Addy to even drink milk! But I guess it's okay cause she's like her mom, wakes up ready to take on the world! It's about 2pm that you wanna watch out for both of us! Give us our naps, and all will be okay. :)
This story cracked me up, your little milk addict!