Tuesday, February 5, 2008

Three Cups of Tea

Okay, so I finally finshed reading this book by Greg Mortenson and David Oliver Relin called "Three Cups of Tea". Incredible. It truly is to me one of the greatest examples of actions behind words, a real life example of how we are to be with our convictions. This book chronicles the last 10-15 years of how Greg Mortenson poured his life into Pakistan and Afghanistan and loved the people amidst the war and planted schools for girls (boys already have schools built for them, but girls cannot attend with the boys) to fight terrorism with education. This became Greg Mortenson's conviction/passion. I am left to ask what is mine? And am I pouring my heart into it? And then to remember that Christ looks at the heart, not just the actions. Does my heart match my actions? What a great read. Highly recommended if you have not already read it. (thanks for a good tip on a great book Candace!) You can check out more about the book and what Greg Mortenson does at: www.threecupsoftea.com.

4 comments:

Dana said...

I am so glad you loved it! Made me really stop and think about my life- and God's plan for it. I still want to read Mother Teresa's biography too. I loved your ending questions- powerful.

The Toms said...

Thanks for the tip, I am always looking for a good book to read. It sounds great, I will have to get back to you when I finish and let you know what my thought were.

A Family/Group Member said...

thanks for the recommendation. I am going to see if our library has it and put it on hold

six of us said...

Careful to not click on "malabei's" comment--I think it downloads a virus?! Can you have Chris check it out, Amber? Or delete it? If I'm off base, let me know! :)