Monday, November 7, 2011

Yet another phase of life....


So I have now graduated from toddlerhood to school age! Completely bittersweet. My baby began Kindergarten in September, and now there is no going back :/ I am so happy for her, as she was beyond excited to go to school with her big sis! But it is new territory for sure. I am realizing I have to figure out where my place is too. I have thought maybe I would go back to school for a masters in counseling (I currently have a bachelors in health education). But then reality hit that I really only have about 2.5 hours to myself each day as Kindergarten is only half day. So this year is going to be spent doing less, being home with my Kindergartner, volunteering in their classrooms, and spending more time at the gym :) I am so thankful that this transition is gonna be slow and not drastic. And next year? Who knows. Maybe I will do the same thing. I am trying not to hurry out of motherhood and into career-hood. Although I know someday I will want to go back to work, I want my family to take first priority. So we will see if God continues to allow me to stay home, and just take one year at a time! All I gotta say, is that God is good. Chris continues to work from home, allowing me to work in a friends cake shop twice a week from 10-3, so I could bring in a little extra income :) It has been really nice to get out of the home and do a little something different, in a quiet, calm environment, and then neat to see how God blessed us with the income we needed and schedules that work out.

No comments: